Current COVID-19 Information
The Cliffs has and always will be committed to providing a safe and clean experience for all of our guests; including hotel, restaurant, events and spa patrons. Currently, essential travel* is permitted in the state of California.
As travel resumes, we are excited to welcome you back to our property, and have outlined the steps we are taking to ensure your feel comfortable spending time at our hotel and spa.
Guest Safety Measures
- Please maintain at least 6 feet social distance from other parties.
- Practice frequent hand washing (for 20 seconds or more) especially after visiting common areas.
- Please wear a mask when speaking with staff, or with other guests on property.
- Please stay home if you are exhibiting any flu or cold like symptoms or if you currently have a fever.
- Please cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue.
Employee Safety Measures
- All employees have been provided PPE, and are required to wear masks when in public areas or interacting with guests.
- All employees have been trained on proper PPE usage, hand washing, and respiratory etiquette.
- Employees will stay home if exhibiting any flu or cold like symptoms, and submit a health survey at the beginning of each work day.
- Participate in frequent cleaning and sanitation of work environment.
- We encourage staff feedback to improve upon the safety measures we have put in place, as operation and guest levels change.
Hotel Action Steps
- Stay Over Service - Service during stay is provided upon request. We are happy to provide trash and towel service to all guests unless otherwise requested.
- Decorative Bedding: All Decorative Bedding in the Guest Room has been removed.
- Increased Sanitation: Guest rooms are receiving a second, post-cleaning sanitation once the housekeeper is finished preparing the guest room.
Restaurant Action Steps
- We have moved to "order at the counter" to decrease employee to guest contact.
- All front of house and back of house culinary team members are wearing masks during food preparation and throughout service.
- All surfaces are sanitized frequently throughout the day.
- We have discontinued all self serve and banquet food and beverage services.
- Tables have been spaced at least 6 feet apart to promote social distancing.
- To Go orders are still encouraged!
Hotel and Spa Amenities
Swimming Pool & Jacuzzi are currently closed, following state and county guidelines.
Fitness Center is currently open and we are monitoring it throughout the day, limiting occupancy to promote social distancing.
Marisol our restaurant is offering to go meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as in restaurant dining. You can reach us by dialing "0" from your room phone or you can call us at 805.773.5000.
The Salt and Sundry our boutique, is open weekends for your shopping needs.
DiaFeliz Spa is currently closed, but we are hopeful we can welcome guests back this summer!
We appreciate you selecting the Cliffs Hotel as your destination of choice on the central coast, and look forward to welcoming you for many years to come!
*Essential Travel Permitted:
- Essential workers who need a place to stay while working in SLO County or traveling to/from essential work. This includes workers in health care, utilities, groceries, and more. See emergencyslo.org/reopening for details.
- Protecting the homeless population
- People who need to self-isolate or quarantine, and people who cannot stay in their own home because someone there needs to self-isolate or quarantine
- People who are here to care for a vulnerable person (elderly, minor, dependent, person with disabilities or other vulnerable population) who lives in SLO County.
What is not allowed? Lodging facilities should NOT book rooms for:
- People traveling for fun, vacation, recreation or leisure
- People planning optional trips to visit friends or family
- Any purposes other than those outlined above
San Luis Obispo County.
We are closely monitoring the situation, abiding by all State and Federal regulations, and we are keeping up to date on the news, county information, and direction from the world health organization as well as the CDC.