An Ocean of Options.
Sun, surf and suites.
Around the Area
Choose your way to chill.
We're perfectly situated between Los Angeles and San Francisco in the heart of San Luis Obispo County. That means you're close to some of the coast's top attractions, eats and activities.
Many ways to make waves.
We're located directly above Shell Beach, a sandy shore where you can unwind or make a splash. We're also minutes from other public beaches surrounding San Luis Obispo Bay. If you'd rather be out on the water, there are local shops that rent surfing, kayaking, and paddle board equipment.
Grapes, grains, and more.
California's central coast has become a world-renowned destination for wine connoisseurs. You'll find many vineyards and tasting rooms within a few miles of the hotel. If you prefer hops, there's no shortage of breweries awaiting you.
The links are calling.
Don't forget your clubs, because The Cliffs is within putting distance of California's finest course—including Blacklake Golf Resort, Monarch Dunes Golf Club and more. We're happy to help you book a tea time.
California's famous castle.
Hearst Castle is less than an hour away—and it's always worth the trip. Along the way, you'll take in the scenery that's made Highway 1 a bucket-list drive for automative enthusiasts around the globe.
California Polytechnic State University
We're the closest oceanfront hotel to one of the state's most acclaimed academic destinations. It takes less than 15 minutes to get from our front door to the San Luis Obispo school.
Take in the stunning views while enjoying public spaces on the ocean bluffs. Margo Dodd Park is home to sprawling grassy lawns and picnic areas. Dinosaur Caves Park offers a family-friendly atmosphere, complete with dino-themed playgrounds.
We have everything you need to enjoy yourself for days without ever leaving the property. Our signature oceanfront setting and selection of amenities ensure there’s always something to do just outside your guestroom door—or relax inside it.
- Direct beach access onsite
- Free high-speed WiFi throughout property
- Dia Feliz Spa, featuring treatments inspired by the spirit of the sea
- Marisol: our oceanfront restaurant and bar
- 10,000 square feet of flexible indoor/outdoor meeting and event space
- Heated oceanfront swimming pool, with ocean views and poolside service
- 24-hour fitness center with cardio equipment, free weights and resistance-training machines
- Complimentary shuttle service to and from Sun Luis Obispo Regional Airport & Amtrak stations